Birdwatcher´s House is currently looking for people interested in helping with the conservation and appreciation of the birds of Mindo in Ecuador. Mindo is one of the most impressive birding sites in all of South America and the world. Here at Birdwatcher´s House we appreciate that fact and revel in the opportunity to enjoy what nature has presented here.
We are looking for volunteers:
- With a genuine interest in birds
- Ability and interest in assisting with birdwatching tours (when tours are running)
- Knowledge of web publicity and maintaining a website
- Private and comfortable accommodations, including linens
- Private bathrooms with hot showers
- Three meals a day
- Access to common areas, and the extensive grounds, including a spacious dining area with tremendous views of forest, valleys and ridges.
- Free Wi-Fi in the dining area
- Laundry Service
At most we can accept two volunteers at a time and we ask that the minimum you remain with us is two weeks and the maximum six weeks. We ask that volunteers to work for 4 to 5 hours a day for 5 consecutive days a week, allowing enough time to explore the surrounding area (Mindo is a $10 taxi ride from here). Volunteer duties include assisting with bird watching tours as appropiate, helping edit bird photography and posting it to the website, helping create a master checklist of the birds of Mindo, cooking and gardening, and promoting and publicizing tours and the organization.
What to bring:
- Hiking Boots or Shoes
- Enthusiasm for birding
What it will cost:
- $15/day for accommodation and all meals
What to Expect:
- A fun time learning about and enjoying the natural wonders the area has to offer